Thursday, September 4, 2008

An Afternoon at Bethlehem Valley Vineyards

This month's Sauce Magazine insert features a photo story about an afternoon at Bethlehem Valley Vineyards. Dan, Connie, family, and guests who came and went all afternoon were so friendly and hospitable to all five of us who drove out there.

This article represented many firsts for Sauce and me:
  1. Sauce has never done a story quite like this, to my knowledge.
  2. I've never worked with a stylist before. Rusty Conklin did an amazing job. I hope I get to work with him again!
  3. I have never had miniature horses try to eat my lenses.
I treated the shoot as if it were an event or wedding: I got pictures of details, the setting as a whole, interactions, and emotions. After driving time, six hours of shooting, and time spent processing the RAW images from the shoot, I provided the assistant art director, Meera, with 651 photos. These included cows, horses, tractors, grapes, vegetables, meal preparation, an antique truck, and 17 photos of chickens.

Let it not be said that I fail to provide choices to customers!

I'm not quite sure how Meera narrowed it down to the nine photos she used, but I couldn't have been happier with the finished product, a result of everybody's hard work:





4 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you're a relatively new photographer! These are beautiful --

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this in Sauce and loved the photos. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely. and how satisfying it must've been.

    ReplyDelete