Hidden, furtive, secretive.
These criminals operate through an underground network.
He goes by "the clandestine chef" and the secret dining room roams about the St. Louis area. Not much is known about him or his helpers at Entre, but the food and experience were both unique.
The night I attended, they - whoever they are - presented three cocktails for sale and a beer pairing with each course:
- Wilted salad with duck vinaigrette / goat cheese and pear
- Acorn squash and apple soup / bacon and cider foam
- Grapefruit confit with mint
- Pancetta wrapped elk tenderloin with carrot juice risotto
- Butternut squash ice cream with sage shortbread
I cannot divulge details of the event such as the location, names of workers, or attendees, but suffice it to say that I had a great time photographing this special evening.
One never knows, but I believe the chef and orchestrator may be reading this post. As always, feel free to ask questions or leave comments.
I leave you with a brief photographic record of the evening: