Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You Don't Need a Studio To Take Great Family Portraits

Professional studio photographers can produce great results due to the control that they have over lighting and backgrounds. The downsides of going to a studio for children's photos are that you have to dress your family, get them loaded into a car, drive, unload, and then pretend to look natural instead of frazzled. Good luck doing this if you have cranky kids or babies with acid reflux:

I don't have a studio. Instead, I operate on your schedule and come to your house with my camera and lighting equipment. We'll use blankets, pillows, objects, and surroundings that look, feel, and smell familiar to your children.

Thanks to Meagan and Jamey for having me out to photograph your wonderful family! Here are a few of my favorites:











5 comments:

  1. HA! That first picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "good" family portraits?? NO, you do not need a studio to take GREAT family portraits!! Thank you so very much! We love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it.

    It's great to see shots of this quality that are done at a client's home. Sometimes I think the studio shots have a canned feel to them. These are very open and happy pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete