Friday, April 17, 2009

Moonrise Hotel St. Louis: Grand Opening

Moonrise Hotel St. Louis


The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis is a new 125 room boutique hotel built by Joe Edwards in The Loop, next to The Pageant. I took photos of their grand opening (for their marketing firm, Twist), which involved hotel management, Alderwoman Lyda Krewson, and of course Joe Edwards.

This fantastic old Buick was parked right outside of the hotel entrance for the grand opening:



While I did capture photos of everybody speaking, I think Joe stole the show with his outfit:



Joe also christened the hotel by breaking a bottle of Segura Viudas Brut Reserva against a wall. Shards of glass flew everywhere, scratched his head (causing it to start bleeding), and ended up collecting on top of my camera bag. Here are two shots from two different cameras taken at nearly the same instant (a lucky coincidence!):





Despite his cut and bleeding forehead, Joe went on and introduced the hotel to the community:



The hotel is going to be a huge boon to the East Loop, and I'm sure it will be a fantastic success. Congratulations to everyone involved!

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan, it was such a fun evening! I'm sure all the photos you took were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. profile

    ReplyDelete